Heartland provides simple, secure payment solutions for your business
Accept payments any way you require
– In any location –
- In your office
– With any device –
- Smart Phone
- Point of Sale Terminal
– Using any method –
- EMV (Chip Cards)
- Credit or Debit
- Contactless (Android Pay, Apple Pay, etc.)
- Gift Cards
Process Payments Securely
– Heartland Secure –
- Protects customer’s card data as soon as the card is used
- Uses three powerful technologies—EMV, end-to-end encryption, and tokenization
- Makes all data useless to hackers
– Breach Warranty –
- No additional cost
- Offered to all merchants who employ Heartland Secure-certified devices and process with Heartland
– EMV Technology –
- Credit cards embedded with a chip (microprocessor)
- Every time EMV card used, unique transaction code created that cannot be used again
- Provides greater security than magnetic strip cards
- Merchants without EMV payment processing capabilities could be held accountable for fraudulent transactions
– PCI Compliance –
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- Set of requirements designed to ensure that all businesses process, store and/or transmit credit card information in a uniformly secure manner.
- If you accept card payments, you must be compliant with these requirements
- PCI scope minimized by encrypting card data within a secure acceptance device
Let me help your business prosper
Business Solutions & Customer Engagement Specialist
I would love to help you choose the best payment processing, e-commerce, payroll/HR, marketing, and/or lending solutions for your business.
I have been at Heartland, helping clients, since 2006, and I also have more than a decade of experience as a business owner.
Interested in eCommerce?
Common payment methods offered by Heartland:
Simple countertop machine
Stand-alone payment processing
Business owners who prefer a small, dedicated machine that will accept credit and debit cards and contactless payment methods like Apple Pay, can use the Ingenico Desk/3500.
An easy to use, countertop, payment processing solution for chiropractors
- Intuitive interface
- Easy to use applications menu
Accepts all payment methods including:
- EMV® chip-and-PIN
- magnetic stripe, and
- NFC/contactless payment options
- Heartland Secure-certified terminal backed by Heartland’s comprehensive Breach Warranty
- PCI-PTS 4.x Certified
- Latest cryptographic schemes with future-proof key length
Maximized network availability:
Read more about Heartland and EMV:
Heartland and EMV in a little more than 60 seconds (1 page pdf)
EMV is a chip technology that features embedded microprocessors that store and protect cardholder data. “EMV” stands for “Europay®, Mastercard®, and Visa (the original developers of the technology).
NFC stands for “Near Field Communication” and allows two devices (like a phone and a payment device) to communicate when close to each other. It enables “contactless” payment.
PCI-PTS stands for “Payment Card Industry — Pin Transaction Security”.
Web-based Auto Pay
Virtual terminal for businesses
Portico Virtual Terminal processes all credit, debit and prepaid card transactions quickly and securely from any Windows or Mac-based desktop or laptop with internet access.
Portico Virtual Terminal
- Tailored for many businesses
- Complimentary, web-based, point-of-sale payment portal
- Meets HIPAA compliance requirements
Payment options using Portico Virtual Terminal:
- Key-enter card info manually
- Use a simple card reader (plugs in via USB port and takes debit, credit and gift cards)
- Use a chip-enabled device like iPP320 (an all-in-one payment system)
Watch a video about Portico Virtual Terminal (Vimeo, 2:45 minutes)
Testimonials about Portico Virtual Terminal
- Watch a testimonial from Liberty Industries about Portico (YouTube, 1:58 minutes)
- Watch a testimonial from Chiropractic Works about Portico (YouTube, 3:10 minutes)
Our iPP 320 integrates easily with Heartland Portico via USB
The iPP 320 can process both magnetic strip and Chip-Secure Cards, while a USB simple card reader can only process magnetic strip cards.
Process payments on mobile devices
Heartland Mobile POS:
Run Your Practice from Your Phone or Tablet
Unlike other mobile payment solutions that hold funds for up to 30 days, Heartland funds its merchants as if they are processing transactions in a store, so you’ll receive your funds faster.
Payment processing options for iOS and Android devices:
Heartland’s Mobile Pay app with Mobile Reader
- All-in-one point of sale (POS) solution
- Compatible with both iOS and Android tablets and phones
- Accepts chip-enabled credit cards, contactless (Apple Pay and Google Pay), magstripe, cash and checks
Heartland’s Mobuyle app with card reader
- Simple mobile payment processing option
- Download the Heartland Mobuyle App and connect the Heartland card reader to your device’s audio jack
- Turns an iOS or Android phone or tablet into a credit card terminal
Payment device using software for your business
We integrate with countless proprietary software solutions, via the Pax S300 or other Heartland-certified secure chip-enabled devices.
All-in-One Integrated Retail Payment Solution
What we offer:
PAX S300 Integrated PINpad
- Processes contactless, magnetic stripe, e-signature, and Chip & PIN payments
- Sleek, stylish payment device
- Secure and flexible platform
- Various ports for extensive functionality
Learn more about the PAX S300 (PDF, 2 pages)
Online customer bill pay
Bill pay driven by the clients
Bolletta Web is a payment platform, fully-hosted by Heartland, that works seamlessly on business websites, and gives clients an easy, secure, and convenient way to make payments.
Bolleta (which means “billing” in Italian) gives customers an easy way to make payments securely on business website 24/7/365.
Features and Benefits
- Multiple levels of integration
- Customized to look like website
- Collect any type of payment
- Real-time access to every transaction processed online, and can be exported to work with your accounting system
- PCI Level 1 Certified
- Reports customized for you, sent to your inbox each day
Learn more about Bolleta Web (1 page PDF)
Online invoicing & proposals
Invoicing driven by the business owner
Heartland’s Online Invoicing enables businesses to send quotes and invoices, accept payments, and track invoices. Clients can view invoices and make payments from a client-side portal.
Heartland Online Billing & Invoicing
Features and Benefits:
- Manage invoices for up to 5 businesses under one Heartland account
- Create recurring invoicing and auto-bill your clients
- Convert quotes into invoices with one click
- Customize your invoices and client portal to match your brand
- Set up auto reminders to remind clients to pay invoices
- Get notified when clients view invoices and make payments
- Create reports and client statements
Watch video demo of Heartland Online Billing (YouTube, 4 minutes)
Overview: Payment Processing
Heartland processing is one of the largest payment processing companies in the US, but the only one with direct card processing from day one of your enrollment.
Heartland offers credit card Processing in-store and online utilizing the most up-to-date technologies, including Europay-MasterCard-Visa (EMV a.k.a Chip Technology), Near Field Communication (NFC), eCommerce, Cloud, and eBilling software. Our solutions are suitable for all industries, including the healthcare, medical, legal and educational fields. We provide the most secure payment processing services, giving you and your business the peace of mind knowing that your customer’s Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express information is in good hands. We integrate with Revel, ShopKeep and Quickbooks seamlessly as well as every other major POS.
Through a unique technology called “Out-of-Scope,” our systems make your customers information invisible to electronic threats. All of your customer’s personal information is now encrypted safely stored by Heartland. If the rare event that your systems are attacked, your data will be safe with us.
EMV (chip) technology makes copying and rewriting your customer’s credit card information extremely difficult. This improved payment technology has been in use in Europe for more than 10 years, and has a proven track record of security and integrity.
We offer only one pricing model that is transparent, wholesale pricing with a 3-year price guarantee.
- Industry leading security and technology with end-to-end encryption, tokenization, and EMV capabilities Amex program that provides express funding, one consolidate statement, and interchange rates in line with Visa and MasterCard
- Funding of deposits faster than most-independent processors as long as the client batches out by 8pm Eastern
- One simple, easy to read statement with all four card types
- A triple layered customer service model which includes; local representative, US based service center that’s open 365 days a year/24 hours per day/7 days a week and answers calls 6 seconds with a live customer service representative, and the client receives full access to an online portal to monitor their merchant services
Heartland is able to get your business up and running with Apple Pay immediately. Even better, no special merchant agreement is needed to accept Apple Pay. With Apple Pay, token representing the card number is stored on a Secure Element within the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.
When the consumer is ready to pay, that token is sent by way of near field communication (NFC) to the reader for authorization. The NFC reader that is attached to the POS system or terminal will send the transaction to Heartland’s preferred processor for authorization.
Get everything you need to open your online store and turn shoppers into paying customers—easily, reliably and of course, PCI-compliantly.
For businesses that want to get online fast and need a complete turnkey solution, Heartland’s eCommerce for Small Business gives you everything you need to build your own eCommerce website and securely accept credit and debit card payments in less than a day. Build your online store, get the tools you need to manage it, and grow your business using our eCommerce tool kit that keeps your revenue growing and transactions secure.
Don’t let your network become a monster. Your network can go from manageable to unmanageable in the blink of an eye. Heartland’s managed network service provides businesses with the tools they need to make sure their network stays online, running and secure. Work smarter, not harder.
Allow us to securely link your business to the outside world by providing tools and services to increase your productivity and extract more value from your network investment. Whether you need PCI compliant payment processing, reliable network communications, public Wi-Fi access, or multi-function firewalls, we have the solution.